- Batoi-sponsored events.
- Customers and prospective customers and their representatives.
- Subscribers to Batoi publications and newsletters.
- Visitors to Batoi facilities; and
- Suppliers and business partners and their representatives
- Personal information you provide on third party sites not controlled by Batoi. When interacting with our websites, you also have the ability to link or connect with non-Batoi websites, services, social networks, applications or other features. Enabling these features will lead to other parties than Batoi processing information about you. Batoi does not have any control over these features of other parties. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of these parties before using these features
3. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
4. WHICH CATEGORIES AND SPECIFIC PIECES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE PROCESS?
Batoi can process information about you collected directly from you both offline and online, including when you create a Batoi account to access Batoi products and services or attend a Batoi -sponsored event. Information about you may also be provided to Batoi by selected third party sources, such as data aggregators who may not have a direct relationship with you or by third parties who collect information about you on behalf of Batoi such as when you download an Batoi whitepaper.
Specific pieces of information about you that Batoi may collect and process depending on your interaction with Batoi, includes:
- Name and physical address, email addresses, and telephone numbers.
- Demographic attributes, when tied to personal information that identifies you.
- Photographs that identify you and testimonials.
- Transactional data, including products and services ordered, financial details and payment methods.
- Company data such as the name, size and location of the company you work for and your role within the company as well as publicly available company information and activity associated with company data.
- Data from surveys conducted by Batoi or by third parties on behalf of Batoi and publicly available information, such as social media posts.
- Call recording and chat transcript data from Sales and customer support calls and live chat sessions or interviews.
- Unique IDs such as your mobile device identifier or cookie ID on your browser.
- Certain location or geolocation information you provide directly or through automated means, if you choose to enable location-based services from your device or Batoi app; and
- Behavioral data of the internet connected computer or device you use when interacting with the sites, such as advertisements clicked or viewed, sites and content areas, date and time of activities or the web search used to locate and navigate to a site.
Please note that Batoi does not control the content that you may post on social networks; in some cases, such content may be publicly available on the Internet. You should carefully consider whether you wish to submit personal information to these social networks and whether you wish to make your profile available to other users, and you should tailor any content you may submit accordingly.
5. WHY AND HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may use personal information for the following business purposes:
- To communicate and respond to your requests and inquiries to Batoi.
- To create and administer an Batoi single sign-on (SSO) account (also referred to as an ‘Batoi Account’) and to deliver functionality on our sites and for their technical and functional management.
- To engage in transactions with customers, suppliers and business partners and to process orders for Batoi products and services.
- To analyze, develop, improve and optimize the use, function and performance of our sites and products and services.
- To manage the security and operation of our sites, facilities, and networks and systems; and
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations and to operate our business.
We may use personal information for the following commercial purposes:
- To administer subscriptions of Batoi publications and newsletters.
- To market our products and services or related products and services, and to tailor our marketing and sales activities to your or your company’s interests; and
- To provide select business-to-business services to Batoi customers using publicly available information about companies which may include personal information such as the name of a company’s CEO that is publicly available.
These purposes are described below in further detail.
To communicate and respond to your requests and inquiries to Batoi
If you get in touch with us (such as by submitting contact forms on our sites, sending an email or by visiting social media platforms), we process information about you to communicate with you and to respond to your requests or other inquiries. We can also process personal information to interact with you on third party social networks.
To create an Batoi SSO account and deliver functionality on our sites and for their technical and functional management
When you choose to register with us, we need to process the personal information provided by you so that we can create a Batoi account for you. Please note, this only applies to personal information controlled by Batoi, not personal information Batoi processes on behalf of our customers.
To engage in transactions with customers, suppliers and business partners and to process purchases of our products and services
If you place an order for our products and services, or if you provide services to Batoi, our employees, customers or partners as a supplier or business partner, Batoi processes information about you to engage in and administer the relevant transactions (such as by sending invoices and making payments), administer your order, and help you get started and adopt our products and services. If you download products or services from our site, Batoi uses information about you to confirm certain information about your order (for example, that you did not experience problems in the download process).
To analyze, develop, improve and optimize the use, function and performance of our sites and products and services
We may process personal information in order to analyze, develop, improve and optimize the use, function and performance of our sites and products and services, including for quality assurance and training purposes, as well as for marketing and sales campaigns. This includes processing personal information to conduct surveys to improve Batoi products and services. In case the sites permit you to participate in interactive discussions, create a profile, post comments, opportunities or other content, or communicate directly with another user or otherwise engage in networking activities on Batoi sites, Batoi may process personal information when moderating these activities.
To manage the security of our sites, facilities, networks and systems
We may collect site use data for security and operations management to help keep our sites, facilities, networks and systems secure, or to investigate and prevent potential fraud, including ad fraud and cyber-attacks and to detect bots.
To comply with applicable laws and regulations and to operate our business
In some cases, we have to process personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations. For example, to respond to a request from a regulator or to defend a legal claim. We may also process personal information in the performance and operation of our business, such as to conduct internal audits and investigations or for finance and accounting and archiving and insurance purposes.
To administer subscriptions of Batoi publications and newsletters
If you subscribe to our newsletters or publications, we process information about you to administer your subscription to our publications (including the renewal process) and newsletters.
To market our products, services, events, or related products and services and to tailor marketing and sales activities
Batoi may use information about you to notify you about new product releases and service developments, events, alerts, updates, prices, terms, special offers and associated campaigns and promotions (including via newsletters). Batoi may also use personal information to advertise Batoi’s products and services or related products and services, and also to have our distributors, resellers or partners notify you about our products or services or their related products or services (such as via joint sales or product promotions). We do our best to tailor your website visit, marketing experience and our communications to your expressed interests.
Batoi may also permit designated event partners or conference sponsors to send you up to two communications related to your event attendance. Please note that our partners or conference sponsors may directly request information about you at their conference booths or presentations, and their use of your information that you provide to them will be subject to their privacy policies.
We may also process your personal information to post testimonials on our sites, but will first obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial.
To provide select services to Batoi customers using publicly-available information which may include personal information such as the name of a company’s CEO
For some business-to-business services, we may collect the publicly available names of company directors and officials to better understand the status of these companies and help inform our services which relate to providing customers information about other companies.
6. WHAT IS OUR BASIS FOR PROCESSING INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
For personal information collected about you in the EU/EEA, the UK and other relevant jurisdictions, our basis for processing is the following::
- We rely on our legitimate interest in processing contact and related information about you in order to communicate adequately with you and to respond to your requests.
- In order to engage in transactions with customers, suppliers and business partners, and to process purchases and downloads of our products and services, we need to process information about you as necessary to enter into or perform a contract with you.
- We process personal information for marketing and sales activities (including events) based on your consent where so indicated on our sites at the time your personal information was collected, or further to our legitimate interest to keep you updated on developments around our products and services which may be of interest to you.
- We rely on our legitimate interest to analyze, develop, improve and optimize our sites, facilities, products and services, and to maintain the security of our sites, networks and systems.
- In order to comply with applicable laws and regulations, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or to process an opt-out request.
7. FOR WHAT PERIOD DO WE RETAIN PERSONAL INFORMATION
Batoi maintains personal information for the following retention periods:
- Information about you we collect to engage in transactions with our customers, suppliers and business partners, and to process purchases of our products and services, will be retained for the duration of the transaction or services period, or longer as necessary for record retention and legal compliance purposes.
- If you have registered for an Batoi SSO account (Batoi Account) to access Batoi sites or to sign up for Batoi marketing materials, your account information will be retained for as long as you maintain an active account. Your account and account information will be deleted if you do not log in for 24 consecutive months. Batoi retains records of that deletion for 90 days.
- If you opened a Batoi Cloud Platform, Batoi Apps, Batoi Portal Systems, Batoi Enterprise Systems, or Batoi Opensource Systems account, your account information will be retained for as long as you maintain an active account. After service termination, minimal account information will be held for records retention purposes. Please note the Batoi privacy team cannot delete, correct, or access service account data or terminate your contracted Batoi product or service account. Please refer to the Contact Batoi page for resources and contact information to administer service account data.
- If you have registered for our newsletters and blogs, your subscription data will be retained for as long as you are subscribed to our distribution lists. Batoi retains records of that deletion for 30 days.
- Contact information such as your email address or phone number collected online on our sites or offline from our interactions with you at conferences, and used for direct marketing and sales activities will be retained for as long as we have an active (customer) relationship with you. We treat you as an active contact if (i) you have interacted with Batoi or updated your contact details and preferences in the past 24 months; and (ii) you have not made a deletion request.
- If you have reached out to us via our support line and you have not opted out of call recording, we will delete call recordings 60 days after the call has concluded unless otherwise specified during the call.
- If you have visited an Batoi facility, the personal information needed to allow you to enter the facility will be held for one year after your last visit for records retention purposes.
- Personal information needed to retain your opt-out preferences is retained for 20 years (or longer as necessary to comply with applicable law).
8. WHEN AND HOW CAN WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Sharing within Batoi
As a global organization, information about you may be shared globally throughout Batoi’s organization. Batoi employees are authorized to access personal information only to the extent necessary to serve the applicable purpose(s) and to perform their job functions.
Sharing with third parties
We may share personal information with the following third parties for a business purpose:
- Third-party service providers (for example, credit card processing services, order fulfilment, analytics, event/campaign management, website management, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, e-mail delivery, auditing, and other similar service providers) in order for those service providers to perform business functions on behalf of Batoi.
- Relevant third parties in the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to government requests, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence, for national security and/or law enforcement purposes.
We may share personal information with the following third parties for a commercial purpose:
- Batoi distributors or resellers for further follow-up related to your interests, specific partners that offer complementary products and services or with third parties to facilitate interest-based advertising; and
- Event partners or conference sponsors for Batoi events such as when you scan your badge at a sponsored booth.
9. HOW IS PERSONAL INFORMATION HANDLED GLOBALLY?
Batoi is a global corporation with operations in over multiple countries and personal information is processed globally as necessary in accordance with this policy. If personal information is transferred to a Batoi recipient in a country that does not provide an adequate level of protection for personal information, Batoi will take adequate measures designed to protect the personal information, such as ensuring that such transfers are subject to the terms of the EU Model Clauses or other adequate transfer mechanism as required under relevant data protection laws. Additional country-specific information on data transfers may be provided if you sign up for a Batoi SSO account (Batoi Account) or register for an event.
10. HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURED?
Batoi has implemented appropriate technical, physical and organizational measures designed to protect personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, damage, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, as well as all other forms of unlawful processing.
11. WHAT COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES DO WE USE ON OUR SITES?
Cookies and similar technologies (e.g., pixels tags and device identifiers) are used by Batoi and our advertising technology partners to recognize you and/or your device(s) on, off and across different services and devices for the purposes specified in Section 5 above.
Cookies are small text files that contain a string of characters and uniquely identify a browser on a device connected to the Internet. We place cookies in your browser when you visit Batoi sites and non-Batoi sites that host our plugins or tags. Depending on your jurisdiction, you may be presented with different consent options, including the option to reject all non-essential cookies, prior to Batoi placing cookies on your browser. Visitors from all jurisdictions are provided with functionality to opt out of non-required cookies in Cookie Preferences.
How can I manage my cookie preferences?
If you are a visitor or our sites, you can use our cookie preferences to opt out of cookies that are not required to enable core site functionality, such as advertising and functional cookies.
If you do not want to receive cookies, you can also change your browser settings on your computer or other device you are using to access our services. Most browsers also provide functionality that lets you review and delete cookies, including Batoi cookies.
12. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
You can exercise your privacy rights in accordance with applicable laws by filling out our inquiry form. You have multiple privacy rights, subject to applicable law, in respect of the information we process about you:
Opt-out of our use or sharing of your personal information
You may withdraw consent you have previously provided for the processing of information about you, including for email marketing by Batoi.
Delete personal information
You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of the information about you.
Change or correct personal information
You can edit some of the information about you by. You can also ask us to change, update or fix information about you in certain cases, particularly if it is inaccurate.
Object to, or limit or restrict use of personal information
You can ask us to stop using all or some of the information about you (for example, if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (for example, if the information about you is inaccurate).
Right to access and/or have your information provided to you
You can also ask us for a copy of information about you and can ask for a copy of information about you provided in machine readable form if you reside in the EU, California or other jurisdiction that provides you this right as a matter of law.
If you are authorized to make an access or deletion request on behalf of a data subject, please reach out to us via the inquiry form and indicate that you are an authorized agent. We will provide you with instructions on how to submit a request as an authorized agent on behalf of a data subject.
In the event you have previously created an account for a certain Batoi portal, you can access and manage your personal information stored in these portals (i) by clicking the links and following the corresponding instructions, and (ii) taking the actions within each portal with regards to your personal information, such as updating your contact details, deleting certain entries or records, or downloading a copy of your profile. Please note that these actions are available to the extent permitted by each portal’s functionality.
If your inquiry relates to your company’s service account or support of Batoi products or services, please note the Batoi Privacy team cannot delete, correct, or access service account data or terminate your contracted Batoi product or service account. Please go to the Contact Us page for resources and contact information to administer service account data.
13. DO YOU COLLECT SENSITIVE INFORMATION AND INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN?
Sensitive personal information
We ask that you do not send us, and do not share any sensitive personal information (for example, government-issued IDs, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, genetic, or biometric data, criminal background or trade union membership).
As a company focused on serving the needs of businesses, Batoi's sites are not directed to minors and Batoi does not promote or market its services to minors. If you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected personal information of a minor through our sites without appropriate consent, please notify us through our inquiry form so that we may immediately delete the information from our servers and make any other necessary corrections. Additionally, please use this same form to request removal of content or information that was posted to our sites when the registered user was under the age of 16. Please note that such requests may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information, as, for example, some of the content may have been reposted by another user.
14. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)?
If you are a California resident, you may request that we:
Disclose to you the following information covering the 12 months preceding your request:
- The categories and specific pieces of personal information we collected about you and the categories of personal information we sold (see Section 4)
- The categories of sources from which we collected such personal information (see Section 4)
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information about you (see Section 5)
- The categories of third parties to whom we sold or otherwise disclosed personal information (see Section 8)
- Delete personal information we collected from you (see Section 12); or
- Opt-out of any future sale of personal information about you (see Section 12).
We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law. If you are an authorized agent making an access or deletion request on behalf of a Californian resident, please reach out to us via the inquiry form and indicate that you are an authorized agent. We will provide you with instructions on how to submit a request as an authorized agent on behalf of a Californian resident.
If you are a California resident, you may obtain information about exercising your rights, as described above, by contacting us at:
Batoi Systems Pvt Ltd
421, Saheed Nagar
Bhubaneswar, Odisha 751007 (INDIA)
Attention: Legal Department
Telephone: +91 (0) 674 350 0200
15. DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
Written inquiries to the Data Protection Officer may be addressed to:
Batoi Systems Pvt Ltd
421, Saheed Nagar
Bhubaneswar, Odisha 751007 (INDIA)
Attention: Legal Department
Telephone: +91 (0) 674 350 0200
16. DISPUTE RESOLUTION OR FILING A COMPLAINT
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that you believe we have not addressed satisfactorily, under certain conditions, you may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted. You also have the right to file a complaint with a competent data protection authority if you are a resident of a European Union member state.
17. BATOI CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS
Batoi’s corporate headquarters are located at:
Plot 421, 2ND FLOOR, SAHEED NAGAR,
BHUBANESWAR - 751007,